Crankcase E-Vac Pump Harness Kit GT280
- Compatible with the G.M. / Delphi 2-wire GT280 Connector
- Adjustable Hobbs pressure switch (4PSI / 7PSI / 15PSI)
- Fully Plug & Play
- Weatherproof factory connectors
- Indicator lamp output with Plug & Play connector set
- Generous wire length allows for multiple mounting locations
- Spare ATC fuse, wire ties, mounting hardware
- Lifetime limited warranty
This Racetronix harness is designed to work with Delphi electric air pumps found in many late-model G.M. vehicles equipped with the Delphi 2-wire GT 280-series black/purple electrical connector.
Many high-performance car owners are purchasing and modifying this pump to evacuate crankcase gases. This helps reduce oil leaks and in some cases may improve HP. This Racetronix harness makes it very easy to wire and reliably control this air pump. Simply plug the harness into the pump, mount the relay, ground the harness and hook the power up to the positive battery terminal. The Hobbs switch can be adjusted to turn on the pump at optimal boost pressure. When not under boost the pump is turned off to prevent damage because it is not meant to be run all the time. The Hobbs switch can be unplugged to disable the pump or allow for other types of control. (I.E. computer control, cockpit switch). The Hobbs switch has a common 1/8" male pipe thread so many fittings are available to connect it to a manifold pressure line.
THERE ARE THREE VERSIONS OF THIS HARNESS. THE TWO-WIRE HARNESSES ARE FOR LATE MODEL PUMPS. THE THREE-WIRE VERSION IS FOR EARLIER MODEL PUMPS. PLEASE CHECK YOUR PUMP MODEL / CONNECTOR BELOW BEFORE ORDERING YOUR HARNESS.