BLT1 Bulkhead Wiring Assembly, HD Tyco
BCWA-BLT1 - BLT1 HD Bulkhead Connector Wiring Assembly
- Dual power feeds provide twice the current capacity of the factory configuration (up to 28 amps) to support newer 300LPH+ pumps.
- Upgraded automotive cross-linked TXL wire
- Ultrasonically welded splices (no solder joints)
- Redundant ground wires which will replace most factory bonded ground wires found on old senders
- Teflon in-tank wiring - compatible with all types of fuel
- Vapor-proof / certified bulkhead connector compatible with existing factory hole
- Compatible with most 255 and 340 LPH fuel pumps using standard Tyco connector*
The external harness in this kit is designed to replace the factory bulkhead connector and wiring assembly on 1994-1996 LT1 B-Body cars which have a 3-position Weather-Pack connector. The external harness terminal designations are as follows:
A - GROUND - BLACK
B - LEVEL SENDER SIGNAL - VIOLET
C - PUMP POWER - RED (commonly gray on factory GM harnesses)
The in-tank terminal designations are as follows:
D - GROUND
B - LEVEL SENDER SIGNAL
E+C= + PUMP POWER
When this harness is used in combination
with our ITWH-040 upgraded in-tank harness the overall resistance is substantially reduced.
When using a HP pump this translates to an improvement of approximately 10-20% in pump performance. *
The ITWH-040 in-tank harness is designed to work with all 1994-1996 factory Delphi B-Body fuel senders only. This harness is equipped with a Tyco (Walbro) connector which is compatible with Racetronix RXP, Walbro GSS340M, F20000169, Aeromotive Stealth, Deatschwerks and other pumps.
The yellow bulkhead connector is OE equipment and has been pressure tested, fitted with a Viton o-ring seal and supplied with a new stainless press-on retaining clip. The bulkhead connector is a perfect match for the keyed hole the factory B-Body senders so you do not have to drill any holes or make any modifications.
The fuel level sender wire is compatible with 1994-1996 Corvette level senders. Earlier senders require that the factory violet wire be inserted into our assembly or spliced in using a butt connector.
Performance based on load tests simulating 60 PSI operating pressure at 13.5V in combination with manufacturer's published pump voltage vs. flow charts. Harness resistance tests were conducted with sustained 10, 15 and 20 and 25 amp loads measured between the Metri-Pack connector and the pump's in-tank supply terminals.