SY Fuel Pump Wiring Harness
FPWH-010 - GMC Syclone
- Plug & Play (no cutting or splicing required)
- Weatherproof factory connectors
- Heavy 10 gauge automotive-grade copper wire
- Heavy-duty 40 amp weatherproof relay
- Weatherproof fuse holder
- Alternator-direct power for maximum pump performance
- Silicon grease, spare fuse, wire ties included
- Stainless steel mounting hardware
- Body ground upgrade with battery nuts (optional)
Why use a Racetronix Fuel Pump Upgrade Harness?
The Wiring Harness
High performance fuel pumps need a good power source in order to perform to their full potential. On average a Walbro high-performance fuel pump requires twice as much power as a factory fuel pump. Factory wiring is just enough for a factory pumps power requirements because manufacturers need to save cost and weight. Racetronix field tests have shown that running a high-performance fuel pump off of the factory wiring can cut pump performance by 30% or more. Problems with failing factory relays, connectors/terminals and fuse contacts are also common when excessive load is placed on them.
The Racetronix plug and play harness is designed to remove all fuel pump load from the factory pump circuits while providing the pump with a new heavy-duty power source. The Racetronix harness gets its power directly from the alternator's battery terminal. The voltage at the alternators output is typically 1-2 volts higher than at the battery when the motor is running (high charge/load conditions and WOT). This means that your Walbro high-performance pump can provide as much as 20% more fuel in some cases. The Racetronix harness uses high-quality automotive-grade wire which is resistant to oil, gas, heat and rot. The main length of wire in the Racetronix harness is ten-gauge stranded copper. This is three to four gauges thicker than factory wire which helps reduce resistive power loss to almost non-existent levels. This helps improve pump performance by as much as another 10-20%. High-quality weatherproof fuse holders and relays are used for maximum reliability. The Racetronix harness has factory-type connectors which plug directly into your fuel pump module/sender so no cutting or splicing is required. The Racetronix harness has a redundant ground upgrade as it is necessary to improve the harness on the negative side of the pump's supply as well.
There is nothing worse than being in the middle of an installation only to find that the manufacturer has skimped on installation hardware. This is why Racetronix supplies a spare ATM fuse, 25 black nylon wire ties, silicon grease and stainless mounting hardware with each kit.
Racetronix harnesses are considered the best by which all others are judged. Attention to detail in every Racetronix harness is evident at first glance. Racetronix spares no expense to ensure reliability, ease of installation and performance. All Racetronix harnesses are assembled using our computerized crimp-quality monitoring system and then circuit checked for the utmost in reliability. As with most Racetronix harnesses the FPWH-010 is backed by our limited lifetime warranty.
A battery to body ground upgrade kit is an option (P/N BGK8). This kit upgrades the under-rated factory ground wire running from the battery to the chassis. It includes an 8 gauge copper wire fitted with terminals and battery nuts with accessory taps. We highly recommend this inexpensive option because this is a weak point in these trucks
COMPATIBILITY LISTING Harness Code SEN, SEZ, VPW, VPX:
- CHEVROLET BLAZER (1987 - 1991)
- CHEVROLET R10 SUBURBAN (1987 - 1988)
- CHEVROLET R1500 SUBURBAN 1989
- CHEVROLET R20 SUBURBAN (1987 - 1988)
- CHEVROLET R2500 SUBURBAN 1989
- CHEVROLET V10 SUBURBAN (1987 - 1988)
- CHEVROLET V1500 SUBURBAN 1989
- CHEVROLET V20 SUBURBAN (1987 - 1988)
- CHEVROLET V2500 SUBURBAN 1989
- GMC JIMMY (1987 - 1991)
- GMC R1500 SUBURBAN (1987 - 1989)
- GMC R2500 SUBURBAN (1987 - 1989)
- GMC V1500 SUBURBAN (1987 - 1989)
- GMC V2500 SUBURBAN (1987 - 1989)
- CHEVROLET S10 PICKUP (1991 - 1995)
- GMC SONOMA (1992 - 1995)
- GMC SONOMA GT 1992
- GMC SYCLONE 1991