Turbo Buick Teflon Fuel Line Kit SS
FLK-G7A1 - TR Fuel Line + Filter Kit, SS Teflon (MSRP $379.99)
This is a complete made-to-measure fuel line kit with filter and fittings for the 1984-1987 Turbo Buicks. This kit replaces all the factory lines, fittings and filter assembly. This kit is designed to be used with the factory fuel rail and factory-fit / location regulator (1).
- Racetronix #12 billet aluminum filter housing
- Racetronix E-85 compatible 10-micron stainless / magnetic filter element
- Racetronix billet aluminum filter bracket
- Custom direct-fit high-flow fuel rail adapter fitting (factory-type metric thread only)
- Custom 90° direct fit high-flow regulator return adapter fitting (factory-type metric thread only)
- -8 Stainless Steel braided conductive PTFE feed hose
- -6 Stainless Steel braided conductive PTFE return hose
- Aluminum Black Anodized Crimp Fittings - installed
- 90° rail-mounted gauge adapter
- 2" Liquid-filled 100PSI fuel pressure gauge
- Quick-connect adapers for fuel sender / hanger feed and return (compatible with 'Q-series' Racetronix hangers only)
- Pressure / leak tested @ 1,000PSI+
The lines in this kit are stainless steel braid over PTFE (Teflon). The SS braid offers great durability and high pressure capability. The conductive PTFE (Teflon) core disipates static electricity and is compatible with all fuels such as E-85 and oxygenated race fuels where rubber hose is not and will break down and crack over time. Teflon hose has a lower friction coefficient than rubber hose so it will flow better given the same inner diameter. Teflon has very low permeability so it will not allow vapors to escape like rubber hose so you can say goodbye to that constant smell of gas fumes in your garage. After much flow testing we have found that a -8 feed and -6 return line provide more than enough flow capacity to support our dual in-tank fuel systems at flow rates in excess of 740LPH.
Some of the most restrictive parts in the TR fuel system are the factory Saginaw (metric) fittings. While the internally seated o-rings provide a reliable seal, they are very restrictive by design. Off-the-shelf adapter fittings are also very restrictive because they rely on the same sealing mechanism that limits the maximum internal diameter of the fitting. To get around this problem, Racetronix machines metric adapter fittings in-house to fit the TR fuel rail and regulator that allows for maximum flow and a positive seal.
All Racetronix fuel lines are pressure tested for reliability.